Application Support Specialist
€50,000 - €60,000
My Dublin based client is looking for an experience Application Support Specialist to join the team on a permanent basis.
The business is a Financial Exchange comprising of Exchange and Broker systems. It is a complex mission critical high volume transactional business which uses Microsoft technologies to facilitate online trading over the web and for the back-office clearinghouse and customer management infrastructure. A network of Brokers exist globally which transact into the central Exchange
The systems are delivered using Microsoft .Net, IIS and Web Services, MSMQ, MS Clustering and MS SQL Server. An expert and in depth working knowledge of the technology in this environment is required.
The Application Support Specialist(s) will be part of a team that provides a support function for 24×7 business operations. This includes issue management and tracking, software deployment and release management, scripting/automation of system management procedures and monitoring/alerting tools and applications. The role will also encompass release deployments and process and system automation projects.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years in Windows Server (2008R2, 2012R2& 2016), IIS 7/7.5 and MS SQL Server. Strong working knowledge of Web Services, Windows Services and Windows Clustering also required.
Core Technical Skills:
- IIS 7/7.5 Configuration & Administration
- Windows Server – Windows 2008R2, 2012R2Server & 2016
- SQL 2014
- Working knowledge of Web services
- Good understanding of networking fundamentals.
- T-SQL Coding
Essential and Desirable Skills:
- MS Message Queue
- Windows Clustering
- Working knowledge of Windows Services
- Scripting Skills (VBScript, Jscript, Powershell etc.)
- Microsoft MCP/MCSC
- Good technical debugging, problem solving and problem management skills required.
- A proven ability as a self-starter and initiate product/process improvement ideas.
- Ability to escalate, track and own problems until resolution.
- Ability to troubleshoot Microsoft OS/IIS/Windows Server Environment
- Ability to deal with end-users and communicate and explain problems and their resolutions to Customer
- Will be required to work in a support rota covering weekends and on-call out of hours.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong team player attributes.
- Customer awareness.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Ambition to develop professionally.
- 3rd level degree in information technology.