Application Support Specialist
€60,000 - €70,000
My client is recruiting for an Application Support Specialist to join the team on a permanent basis. This role will operate on a hybrid working model.
My client is recruiting for an Application Support Specialist to join the team on a permanent basis. This role will be on a hybrid model.
The Support Specialist will work in a dynamic and varied work environment supporting end users with helpdesk issues while also having responsibility for completing IT business related projects to implement best practices.
- You will manage incidents & change requests raised through Incident Management Systems for all the external systems, including triage, communication, & escalation.
- You will analyse incidents raised, including root cause analysis.
- Effective communication with internal clients & other system support teams
- Defining possible solutions & rectification
- Liaising with 3rd party Suppliers on incident solutions.
- Testing, planning, & implementing scripts for data fixes.
- Supporting users in multiple regions, time zones & cultures.
- Running & supporting daily “Morning Batches” & “End of Day” transaction processing on a rota basis.
- Provide support for code releases of the policy administration systems, including testing, planning & implementation.
- Gather, document, & obtain sign-off on requirements for small initiatives e., MI reports, customer documentation or service requests.
- Work closely with the business teams on the diagnosis of system issues
- A degree in an IT discipline or relevant experience in a similar role.
- Experience with relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, and the creation of SQL scripts.
- Ability to support complex business applications, troubleshoot issues and implement corrective actions.
- Report writing skills using Crystal Reports or similar report writing tools.
- Experience in Power BI beneficial.
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as PowerShell.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- A background in Manufacturing is ideal but not essential.
- Computer Science Degree / Relevant Degree