Due to continued growth, my client, a leading supplier of software solutions to the Credit Union industry, seeks to expand its technical support / application support team.
The successful candidate will join a small established technical support department, providing telephone, remote and onsite support to clients in Ireland and the UK. For this role you should have a broad set of IT skills to investigate, troubleshoot and resolve reported a large variety of issues. I’m looking for someone energetic, professional and has good client management skills.
In this role you will handle and manage a call queue of customer support issues, related to the company’s software suite.
- Technical Support for the core business application across the entire software/hardware stack.
- Administer and resolve support tickets requests coming from application users/different internal departments.
- Diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues.
- Troubleshoot issues and liaise with different departments, outside vendors and customers to resolve problems.
- Escalate issues within the company or third parties when necessary.
- Taking ownership of problems and seeing them through to completion.
- Installation and remote support of IT software and hardware for customers.
- Working well and communicating with different departments, including the transfer of knowledge.
- Candidates should display an ability to learn on the job, to work on their own initiative and be willing to expand their expertise.
Key Skill and competencies:
- A minimum of a Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or a relevant related field.
- 3+ years’ previous providing application support in a help-desk or similar environment.
- Knowledge or experience working with a ticket based software and support system.
- Excellent problem solving skills, the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- High degree of competency with the Microsoft desktop and hardware technologies is essential.
- Experience in T-SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, and Microsoft SQL Server Profiler, the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose issues within the SQL Server application. Comfortable writing ad hoc SQL scripts and queries, running database backups and restores.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows servers / Terminal servers and a capacity to troubleshoot, diagnose issues and communicate with various hardware vendors on a business and technical level.
- Working knowledge of networking and IP, experience with the Microsoft based network environment.
- Effective time management skills; must be able to handle multi-tasking, the pressure of deadlines and a critical work flow.
- Must be customer focused with a demonstrated proficiency in interpersonal and communication skills, including oral and written English. Experience dealing with customers, adeptness with addressing complicated technical issues with non-technical users
- Clean driving licence and own transport. When necessary, the role will require onsite customer installation, emergency client visits, occasional overnight and out of country work. (Customer’s based all over Ireland and UK)
- Any programming ability beneficial (Microsoft Visual Foxpro, VB.net, C#.Net, Powershell)