Application support specialist wanted for top financial client based in South Dublin. Excellent package on offer.
About the role
- Provide technical application support for core business platform, focussing on local Leve 1 support activities in conjunction with Level 2 and Level 3 support
- Perform Systems monitoring – availability, performance, service
- Perform technical configuration of application processes such as daily report generation, overnight job processing, pricing checks
- Task monitoring, including daily process checks, end of day processing, reporting, critical job status
- Environment management – Manage availability of various environments in conjunction with support partners
- Support the Change and Release management processes with Service Delivery Lead
- Triage of initial support issues and escalation to second line application support as required
- Resolution of common issues
- Document process, solution to enhance knowledge management
- Drive the building of application support knowledge in the organisation
- Liaise closely with the business to understand core business process to assist in building of triage capabilities
- Conduct daily service reporting
The Ideal Candidate will have Application Support
- 4+ years’ experience as a Technical Application Support Analyst in Financial Services, ideally in Funds, Asset Management and/or Life Insurance
- Good knowledge of underlying Asset and Fund Management business processing platforms and related technologies and platforms
- Excellent knowledge of service delivery processes and has played a lead role in continuous service improvement initiatives
- Demonstrable service and delivery record in a fast moving environment within the financial industry
- Significant Application Support experience, including environment management, job schedule monitoring, batch configuration
- Educated to Degree Level in a relevant technical discipline with adequate business experience, or hold a Business degree with adequate technical experience.
- ITIL Certification
Skills and Knowledge Application Support
- A thorough understanding of how IT systems can interface with multiple functional groups within an organization, and used to handling conflicting terminology and concepts used by different business areas and systems.
- Good working knowledge of application architectures and corresponding service requirements
- Excellent communication skills.
- Problem solver
- Excellent service delivery and client ethos.
- Inter-personal skills.
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel, Access, Visio, Project, Word, PowerPoint required.
- Good working knowledge of PowerShell, SQL queries and scripting a distinct advantage.