Application support engineer wanted for top client based in Dublin. Financial systems background a plus
About this job
- Act as primary customer contact for incoming and assigned customer cases. Provide telephone, web, and email based support for client’s expatriate management application.
- Help document, create, and verify acceptable workarounds to identify problems that permit users to continue using systems until a formal resolution has been released.
- Train customers on product functionality.
- Meet contractual and internal goals for customer communication by responding to requests for assistance, consistently providing updates on the progress of each resolution, and providing high quality, creative, and timely solutions.
- Test new product functionality as needed and communicate issues to Development in detailed bug reports.
- Co-ordinate with Development and Client Services to test and verify software release.
- Regularly interface with management and peers to plan and execute changes or improvements to policies, procedures and documentation.
- Follow standards, best practices and act with a sense of urgency to ensure services are provided in accordance with strict SLAs
- Contribute in putting new support processes/monitoring tools in place
- Work with leads to ensure all documentation and written policies are accurate and up to date.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum four (4) years’ work or combined work and educational experience with technology groups or proprietary application software support environments in a fast paced, high volume, dynamic environment.
- A Strong client focus including troubleshooting and follow-up skills and a commitment to continuous improvement is required.
- Demonstrates a proactive, responsible, and willing approach to work willing to go above-and-beyond to achieve client satisfaction.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Ability to work in a networked MS Windows environment.
- Experience with financial systems.
- Experienced in project planning and management.
- Knowledge of SQL language is a plus.
- Investigative nature/excellent attention to detail as well as ability to troubleshoot issues independently through to completion.