Short Department description, job purpose and role
Senior Angular Developer to support design, development and support of its internal IT business systems, mobile apps and portals.
- Responsible for the design, development, enhancement, triage, and debugging of Angular 5 applications.
- Ensure that all key technical requirements are identified, estimated, designed, documented, implemented and integration tested.
- Produce detailed technical specifications based on business requirements documents.
- Build high quality designs & solutions using your front end development
- Ensure that consistent design patterns, methodologies and design documentation are maintained across all of your development projects.
- Perform (and support) technical & design reviews of your own and other IT projects.
- Unit test all your code prior to release to ensure quality solutions are delivered. Provide additional support on delivered code when necessary.
- Work closely with the Business Analysts, Testing and Support teams to ensure all technical requirements for new projects are captured, designed and developed according to those requirements.
- Ensure urgent customer issues are resolved through triaging, troubleshooting and quickly applying solutions to any identified problems.
- Work on collaborative cross technology and cross division projects where Java applications interact with a range of business logic interfaces & systems.
Key requirements /skills /experience
- Hold a third level degree or appropriate professional qualification.
- At least 6 years of experience developing front end and mobile applications
- Proven hands on experience of development in Angular 2 or above.
- Experience of developing hybrid mobile application using Cordova or Ionic frameworks.
- Solid experience of delivering projects using XML and Web Service (REST) design.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong Time Management, Communication, Commitment & Co-operation, Ownership & Accountability.
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage time effectively.
- Results driven and solution oriented – displays strong personal drive and energy to see things through to conclusion.
- Ability to work effectively on own and within a team environment -including with distributed teams.
- Interest in new technologies.
Desired requirements /skills /experience
- Knowledge of native iOS coding in Objective C or SWIFT is a plus.
- Experience of developing J2E applications which integrate to a relational database backend (Oracle).
- Strong experience of developing applications using Spring.
- Good working knowledge of relational databases and a good understanding of object relationship frameworks like Hibernate.
- Good understanding of Unix based operating systems (Linux), including writing of shell scripts.
- Good knowledge of JBoss and/or Websphere, version control systems like SVN & GIT, build automation tools like Maven & Gradle, and bug management tools such as JIRA.
- Experience of financial/insurance sector.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment, or Test Driven Development (TDD).
Solid experience of delivering projects using XML and Web Service (REST) design.