Amazon Web Services Solution Architect
Kilkenny Global Company requires an Amazon Web Services Solution Architect to head up their expanding team on a permanent basis
- Plan and move the company’s enterprise into Amazon Web Services (public cloud)
- Act as a Technical lead during the architecture design phase, working with both the development and infrastructure teams to create the migration plan and define the development requirements and changes to move to the cloud
- Provide recommendations for platforms architecture, best coding practices, integration, security and DevOps adoption
- Speeding up deployment and development in a DevOps environment
- Hold direct responsibility for the identification and implementation of new value adding technologies, which improve the internal efficiency for staff and experience for our customers
- Propose budgets for required projects
- Security and certification built in by design
- Incorporate the right controls to improve our security posture.
- Support staff training, knowledge and development.
- Ensure ISO27001 requirements are adhered to within our cloud architecture.
- Advise and consult with Senior Management on strategic systems conversions and integrations in support of business goals and objectives.
- 8+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of DevOps
- Strong knowledge network design
- Implementation and managing of cloud governance strategy
- Experience with implementation of information technology integrations
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Implementation of Centre for Internet Security (CIS) AWS Foundations Benchmark or other security standard
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Previous experience with Payroll is a plus
- Certification as AWS solution architect an advantage
- 40 hours per week
- Pension: up to 6% employer contribution
- 22 days annual leave
- Bonuses up to 15%
- Some remote work on offer